Sunday, July 7, 2013

Belief art journal page







"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." William James

I have a wonderful young woman in my life, I was there the day she was born, I am her honorary aunt. Two days ago her husband took his life, leaving her a very very young widow with two boys, 3 and 8 months. I made this art journal page to get some of my feelings out. 

I am entering this into two anything goes challenges, Simon Says Stamp and Show and Catch the Bug. I am entering this into Allsorts for favourite things, this has numerous, my favorite stamp is on the tag, I love art journaling, the paints and pearl mists. I am entering this into A Gem of a Challenge for lots of layers. I used matte medium to put a dictionary page in my journal, I used a post it over the belief definition, then I layered a couple of different paints on the page. Then added some new clip art from Mod Podge, I layered, inks and stamps and marker and even a pen. 


5 comments:

sgc said...

So sorry about your friend's husband. This is a beautiful journal page. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's "Anything Goes" challenge.

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Mags
x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful creation for the time you are going through, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Shea said...

This is a beautiful creation but such a sad reason for it. You've done a wonderful job of turning your sadness to art. Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week.

Min said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the tragedy you're facing. Hugs
This creation is just beautiful!
Thanks for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to visit The Bug Blog tomorrow for the kick off of the Christmas in July Celebration!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations