Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Green altered clothes pin

Challenges:
The Cutie Pie Challenge-cute with pearls and swirls, my cutie is in the picture
Delightful Challenges-color crazy (color normally dont work with, green, not a huge fan but went crazy)
Red Carpet Studio-The Lucky One, what says lucky more than green
Bunny Zoe-monochrome (yep think I accomplished that)
Crafty Sentiments-lots of green (yep got that one too)
Catch the Bug-feeling lucky (luck makes me think of St Pattys, St Pattys makes me think of, you guessed it GREEN)
Papertake Weekly-BINGO (flowers, free, buttons)



Well this is my second altered clothes pin, this one is smaller, only about six inches I reckon. I added a wooden frame to this one. I painted it green, then used my distress paint dabber to put polka dots on it, I used a small dowel to put the dots on the frame. I put swirls on with liquid pearls. I pleated ribbon, then added some lace. Kinda hard to see that anymore though lol. I added flowers and buttons, pearl trim and these words that say special memories. The photo is my niece and her baba (grandpa), she was only 9 months old in this picture, shes nine years old now. This is a gift for her grammy. 



10 comments:

Scrappy said...

Fabulous project! Thanks for sharing it with us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you'll join us again soon! :)

Cherished said...

Wonderful work. Thanks for playing at RCS.

Jac’s Playground said...

What a fantastic project and gorgeous gift, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Wyvern said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing it over at Red Carpet Studios! I'm sure Grammy will love it!
Angela

Min said...

This is just fabulous!
What a fabulous creation!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the The Bug LUCKY Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our new BINGO Challenge that starts tomorrow! We hope you’ll join the fun!!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
Kaymin Kreations

Gem x said...

This is fab great idea hun thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

Cheryl First said...

Such a great project!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Cathy said...

Gorgeous project and a lovely gift. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Helen said...

A great idea and a fab project.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Vicky said...

Fabulous creation.
Thank you for joining us over at Bunny Zoes, hope you will join us in our next challenge, good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx