Thursday, February 14, 2013

Homemade flowers

I made some flowers yesterday. The three are felt and buttons. I found out I can use felt with my cuttlebug and big shot dies. I only had a couple of colors of felt but thought they made cute flowers. The big one I made with rose petals, not sure of the material, but almost feels like paper, but its fabric. I got the ideas for these from KSUE on youtube. The petal flower are rolled at the end and glued to a circle, I added more to the back to fill it out, then added tulle, bead spray, I put a felt flower to cover the middle really well and added a button. Its too big for a card, but thinking about adding this to a frame or candle. Not sure yet. If you want to see a picture tutorial of how I made this let me know I will do one. 






12 comments:

ScrappyKsue said...

Hey girl! You did a great job on the big flower. It came out really cute. So did the other ones. So pretty. ~Karen Sue

flowers online said...

Your home made flowers seems more better original flowers. Great work!
Birthday Gift flowers

Ros Crawford said...

These are just so pretty!! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Donna Ellis said...

You have been so busy, Christi! Love your handmade flowers, and the other cards you have recently made. The daffodils look so cheery!

Maria said...

What beautiful embellishments! I love the first one in particular, they're really pretty. Thanks for joining in with our Handmade Embellishments theme at the Craft-Room this fortnight.

Maria x

Unknown said...

They are so pretty. I am so glad you shared them with us. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Christy said...

You did great! I looove making flowers too! :)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fabulous embellishments - they are going to look amazing on a final project. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Suzanne

Candy C said...

Christi... Your handmade flowers are so cute! Love them! Thank you so much for the very kind comments you left on my blog regarding the metallic steam punk hot air balloon. Isn't it crazy how you can transform a Styrofoam ball into a hot air balloon? I hope you will try it. It was fun and really not that hard. Thank you again so much for your comments! They are greatly appreciated. Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeos flowers!! thanks for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

CG said...

So cute! I know how much work went into these, and they're so worth it! Wish I had the patience!

Lisa said...

All of your flowers are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the look of the felt and the design of the top flower is beautiful!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts