Saturday, August 20, 2011

Negative spaced card

Challenges:
blue blue blue-Pile It On
show me some bling-Simon Says Stamp and Show
negative space-Charisma Cardz
anything goes-Paper Crafting Journey
distressing-Pollycraft
bag it or tag it-Kaboodle Doodles



Well this is my first time making a card trying to leave as much negative space as possible. I did a a rubon flower and added jewels to it. I also added a tag, its held on with the cutest little button brad. I rubbed chipped saphire distressing ink on the tag and then copied over the swirlies and words with my sky blue spica glitter marker. I distressed the edges of the paper to give it a little interest since its one layer. I also was a little rough with the rubon on flower, I didnt want it to lay perfectly. 

5 comments:

Candy C said...

Hello! I really like your Bling card that you submitted to our challenge this week. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! <3 Candy

Gram's Treasures said...

Yes, it is so hard to leave all that space blank, isn't it! Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma. Good luck.
Joyce xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - your card looks like denim with the distressing - very cool! Thanks for sharing your creativity at Pile it On this week.

Bettina L. said...

Such a cute little tag on it;) Gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle doodles this week and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Kristi,
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Paper Crafting Journey!

Laura