Saturday, April 19, 2014

My tag has the blues

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar-things with wings
Delightful Challenges-bloom
Crafty Ribbons-anything with ribbon
Simply Create Too-no digis or stamped images
Crafty Catz-B is for (blue, butterflies)
Totally PaperCrafts-tag it

I did a tag in the same way I did my canvas the other day. I cut a tag from some packaging, think it was from my husbands miniatures he paints. I started with the letters, I used Tim Holtz letterpress letters. I used the letters without the squares last time, but this time I them they way he intended. I love the way it makes them look. I added some dimensional chipboard sticker butterflies and flowers. Then I added some gems to be the leaves. I had this row of stars, I cut it in two to be a trail from the butterflies. I painted everything with gesso, then sprayed with Pastel blue from Recollections. To keep up the stars, I added this star ribbon and a small piece of dotted sheer ribbon to tie it. 


Tim Holtz Grunge Block-tip I got this at Tuesday Morning for 2.99







6 comments:

carol said...

what a lovely pretty tag, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Pat K said...

Beautiful tag Christina. Love the concept of painting everything the same colour and your wonderful texture is brilliant. Thanks for playing along with us at TPC. Pat K x

Janette said...

I love this Tag Christi, it is gorgeous...
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Simply Create Too. We are blessed to see your talent.

Hugs, Melissa

Jo said...

Beautiful.....and a fabulous colour too! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

p.s I have candy if you'd like to enter!

Vicky said...

Hi Christi,
please check your emails. You won the giveaway on my blog.
hugs